Sunday, August 2, 2009

I'll admit it

WATCH OUT BECKHAM!

ANIMALS IN THE WILD

YOU RIDE BETTER WHEN YOUR OUTFIT CLASHES

So, I'll admit it, I check my friends and family's blogs on a daily basis, and it kinda stinks when its been several days since anyone has put up a new post. So, I thought maybe some of you feel the same way.
I can't seem to remember all the crazy things we are doing when I blog, but here are a few highlights from the past few weeks:
I managed to pull off a ward campout (ok, Aric did it for me), which turned out to be a lot of fun. I can totally enjoy 19 hours (or less) of the great outdoors. If I'd actually been able to sleep while camping it could have even been a wee bit more fun.
Brooklyn is learning to ride her bike without training wheels. Maybe we're a bit slow on this, but Brooklyn kinda just works at her own pace no matter what. She's doing pretty well and might be on her own in a few weeks!
Brooklyn and AJ took a soccer camp together last week. They seemed to have a lot of fun. The camps were at the Virginia Tech campus, which was nice because it rained a couple of days and they got to play in a big, fancy indoor field. Pays to live in a college town sometimes!
We went out to the Blue Ridge parway for a hike and a picnic yesterday, which was a lot of fun. Despite going to the local pool/park earlier in the day, the kids still had energy to run during the hike. I really wonder if AJ is human sometimes. He runs around like a maniac all day and doesn't drop until bedtime. Brooklyn fell asleep on the way home, but AJ was up asking for snacks. Maybe that's his secret.

7 comments:

Amy said...

boys have way to much energy... love the pics!

patrice stanford said...

when the boys were learning to ride without the training wheels we took them to the park to ride on the grass...so when they fell they didn't break anything!! Fun times.

Dana G said...

my life is too boring to publish! Got to hold your new neice, she is a beauty! Love seeing your kids growing up so fast. Virginia suites you.

jgirl said...

Well, I love you and I 'm sorry about all the FB tagging!=0) I'm done with that silly album anyway... I was just trying to finish up things so I can pack them up to move!=0) We close Aug. 31st, so wish us luck! You have got to have some of the cutest kids on the planet! No lying!=0)

Cara said...

I still remember Dixie Anderson making you wash out the cake pan at Girls' Camp... Did that ruin you on camping? :) Let me know how Brooklyn's bike riding goes. We could use some pointers with Ainsley.

Jill Elizabeth said...

The picture of Brooklyn on her bike reminds me of when we were kids and I used to wear red and pink together because it made you mad ... good times.

Jacki said...

Yes it does stink whenever people (like me) stop blogging and just look at everyone else's blog all the time....

Your comment about AJ's energy reminded me of the Phillip the hyper hypo sketch from snl...Not that AJ needs a helmet...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=34905070