Every year (for 5 years now), we go out to Sinkland farms pumpkin patch to take a hay ride and pick out a couple of pumpkins to buy. This year AJ was so excited to go that he actually got up and walked to go out the door. We were so happy to see that he can walk now. He's a little wobbly, but we're making big progress! This year it was freezing cold out at the farm, so we were a little underdressed, but at least we thought to bring hats and gloves. Last year it was so hot we ended up carrying our jackets around. You never know about fall weather out here. We had a good time though. As usual, Aric and AJ picked out the biggest pumpkin they could find. Brooklyn and I are always more reasonable. We also went and saw lots of animals they had in a little "stable" I guess you call it. (I'm not much of a country person, forgive me). Brooklyn loved the goats and even petted them. AJ was too busy plugging his nose and saying "eewie" to try to pet anything. To top off the morning we went to the ice cream shop they have there. Nothing beats a cup of ice cream on a freezing cold morning, right? The kids insisted though, since we had it last year. Its a little crazy sometimes, but I'm glad we have so many fun traditions that we do as a family. I think Brooklyn and AJ appreciate it too.
4 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment