Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Random Things




The past week has been pretty crazy (like always, I guess). Last weekend we went to Roanoke to a really cool kids furniture store and bought Brooklyn a desk and AJ a bed. Hopefully I'll get pictures up soon. We've had a few accidents lately too. Brooklyn fell off her bike and off of the porch and got a huge bump and scratch on her head, then AJ cut his cheek on the bench in our kitchen, so they're looking pretty abused.


Brooklyn lost another tooth and it started a pretty funny conversation at the breakfast table the next morning. AJ asked what the tooth fairy looked like and Brooklyn said she didn't know, because the tooth fairy comes at night while you're sleeping. AJ, never being content with a simple answer, said "well, next time you lose a tooth, I'm going to get my flashlight and CATCH HER!!!!" (in his crazy alpha-male voice). Brooklyn got upset, because she didn't want AJ to scare the tooth fairy away, so I had to assure her AJ would be asleep, and wouldn't really be able to catch the tooth fairy.


The weather has been super nice this week, so I took pictures of the kids playing outside yesterday. They just love to stand on the porch and pretend the yard is a lake and practice fishing. Hopefully we'll get to do some real fishing this summer.

6 comments:

Cara said...

I love the whole tooth fairy conversation! Ainsley is still very skeptical of the whole thing too. I got her a book by Audrey Wood called Tooth Fairy. It's all about a girl who tries to trick the Tooth Fairy. It's very cute and Ainsley loves it. I found it on Amazon.

jamie said...

i love that he wants to "catch her" its so funny to listen to little kids, the things they come up with.

patrice stanford said...

I want pictures of the tooth fairy when AJ catches her...and I truly believe that if any can, he can!!! Just wanted to add that I think the look on your MIL in the last post is priceless!!!! It looks like she would rather be getting root canal!!!haha gotta love it!

Jen said...

Sounds like you guys have some pretty funny table conversations. Aren't kids great!

jgirl said...

Now, I'm jealous that the Tooth Fairy remembers to visit while the kids are asleep still...too many times short-people at our house have to be convinced that she didn't "forget them" they just didn't look hard enough in the first place...er, yeah!=0)

Dana G said...

You can always come to Lake Powell for fishing!!! We are always open!