Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Trying something new






The weather has been pretty rotten here this winter, so we're trying to come up with things to do on the weekends that don't involve spending time outside. Aric's parents came down to visit on Saturday, and Aric decided we should try bowling. Brooklyn and AJ had a great time. Aric won, like he does in EVERYTHING. We went to a Japanese restaurant for dinner, where Brooklyn and AJ gave chopsticks a try. They even got to watch our food being cooked right in front of them. I thought this might inspire them to try the vegetables, but I was wrong! Unfortunately, they've been asking to use their chopsticks at every meal now too. Hopefully the weather will warm up soon!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Man your kids are lucky. We too have decided to try something new on Saturdays - chores. Maybe I should tell the kids that if they don't mess things up so often we could go bowling like Brookly and AJ do.

Jill Elizabeth said...

I like AJ's use of chopsticks in the first picture.

Bec said...

we love bowling, too. Can't wait to see you this weekend!