Sunday, July 5, 2009

Too Much

I think I've been procrastinating a blog about our trip to Chicago because I'm overwhelmed by writing about all the stuff we did. It was an awesome trip, and maybe the longest I've been on (11 days!). So, I think I'm going to have to break it up. Here's the first part:
We left on the 18th and drove to Louisville, Kentucky. Driving through wild, wonderful, West Virginia, I realized that I've never seen the sunshine in this state. It is always cloudy, and sometimes raining in West Virginia. We also saw two different kids walking around barefoot in a mall in Huntington, WV. Lovely. We made it to Kentucky in the late afternoon and let the kids swim in the hotel pool. We had to get Papa Johns for dinner because Louisville is the international headquarters for Papa Johns Pizza. Sadly, our local chain makes a slightly better pie than the one we got in L'ville! The next morning we left for Chicago. What is in between Louisville and Chicago you might ask? Corn, then Indianapolis, then corn. It's a whole lotta nothing. Thankfully Chicago did not disappoint. There was about an hours worth of traffic just trying to get into the city. I couldn't complain, though. I'd prefer traffic to cornfields any day. We made it to our hotel, which was right off the Miracle Mile. The kids did their best to jump on every piece of furniture right away. We went to the ESPN Zone for dinner as a Father's Day gift to Aric. He and the kids had a great time playing the different sport games. I just tried to take some pictures, which isn't easy in a place like that.

(ESPN Zoning-out)
The next day the kids and I checked out the shopping on the Miracle Mile in the morning. We went to the Lego store and even the Hershey's Chocolate store. I didn't get to do any of the shopping I wanted to, but the kids seemed to have fun.




After lunch, we met Uncle Alex and Mindy at the Lincoln Park Zoo. It was lots of fun. There were all sorts of different things to do. Brooklyn and AJ seemed to like the farm area and the polar bears the best. We finished the day with dinner at a burger joint in the Lincoln Park area.

(hatching out of an egg at the farm area in the zoo)


(almost family picture)

2 comments:

Jen said...

I would prefer cornfields to traffic any day!

jgirl said...

hey, family...sort of...isn't so bad! lol! it's looks like you guys had a blast and I'm sure you made great memories for your kids!=0)